2021 Investment Team Summer Intern – London, UK
- Accel is one of the world’s leading and most successful venture capital firms, with offices in Palo Alto, San Francisco, London and Bangalore.
- Established in 1983, we invest in and partner with exceptional founders of high growth technology businesses.
- We are the only Silicon Valley originated early stage fund operating on the ground in Europe, with all investment decisions made locally.
- In May 2019, we raised our latest European fund of $575 million, our sixth to be invested across early stage European and Israeli tech businesses. The round took the total amount of funds managed by Accel in Europe to over $3bn.
- To date, we have made over 300 investments globally, of which over 150 have resulted in some form of M&A activity, and/or IPO. Notable investments include Facebook, Dropbox, Deliveroo and Spotify.
- We have a 50-person strong team in London, half of which make up our Investment Partner and Venture Development teams. Accel’s structure is flat, with a highly curious, fast-paced and entrepreneurial mindset.
We are looking for one or two interns to work with our investment team in London for 10-12 weeks during the summer of 2021. Our interns are teamed up with a Partner mentor and a buddy and will have a real-life insight into the role of an investor within our team. Typical assignments during the summer include “deep-dives” into industry verticals, tracking deal flow and trends, mapping and analysing interesting investment opportunities and engaging with companies.
Profile and background
The profile of our investors varies a lot, but they tend to share a few core attributes:
- A deep curiosity of and interest in technology.
- Drive and pro-activity.
- Ability to build strong rapport with others, both internally and externally.
- Structured thinking and succinct communication.
- Other key attributes are low ego, high resilience and an ability to take decisions based on limited information.
In addition, the role requires:
- Solid financial and modelling skills, including an understanding of how to assess KPIs.
- Ability to formulate proactive investment theses in a few areas of interest through primary / secondary research.
- Impeccable written and spoken English.
- A strong connection to a European eco-system with a desire to work in London long term.
- Top academic results.
We require 2-4 years+ of work experience pre-MBA, likely including:
- 2+ years of structured analytical work, e.g. from banking, accounting or consultancy.
- Experience of working with early stage tech companies, ideally as an investor.
- Experience of an international and fast paced work environment.
Please send your CV together with a short intro email to Ronie Williams at [email protected] by 9 January 2021. If you are selected to a first round this will be combination of a video interview and an ability test.
We will then ask a small number of candidates to join us for a two-way video conversation with our team in January. This second session will include a case study. We may also include a personality test to complement the interviews.
Please email Ronie Williams at [email protected] For more information about Accel see our website www.accel.com.Apply now