Cinven is a leading European private equity firm, founded in 1977, with offices in London, Frankfurt, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, New York and Guernsey. Funds managed by Cinven acquire Europe-based companies that require equity investment by our funds. While Europe remains our focus, Cinven’s Portfolio team helps our European portfolio companies take advantage of international best practices and growth in global markets, in particular opportunities in emerging economies, including those in Asia and the Americas. We focus on six sectors: Business Services, Consumer, Financial Services, Healthcare, Industrials, and Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT).
Cinven funds acquire successful, high-quality companies and work with them to help them grow and develop, using our proven value creation strategies. The typical holding period for an investment is between four to five years. We take a responsible approach towards our portfolio companies, their employees, suppliers and local communities, the environment and society.
Cinven has a strong and consistent investment track record. Cinven is currently investing its Sixth Fund. The Cinven Funds are managed by Cinven Capital Management (V) General Partner Limited and Cinven Capital Management (VI) General Partner Limited, which are authorised and regulated by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission (‘GFSC’).
For further information, please visit our company website www.cinven.com
Job Role Description:
The intern will engage in a wide variety of tasks, which include; assisting the investment team with the analysis of potential acquisitions; conducting strategic market and competitor analysis and research; and building an in-depth understanding of individual business models and their cost structures.
Successful candidates will have graduated or be graduating with at least a 2.1 (or equivalent) from a leading university typically in one of the following fields of study; finance, mathematics, management or engineering. This will be combined with relevant work experience and a genuine interest in Cinven and the Private Equity industry.
Candidates must also have the right to work in the UK.
- Excellent analytical and numerical capabilities
- A mastery of Excel and an understanding of complex financial models
- Ability to work autonomously and to take initiative
- Strong communication skills and be able to interact well in a team environment
- Show drive and commitment to exceed
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform tasks accurately while under pressure
Successful past applicants have had a minimum of three months M&A experience at a global investment bank, high-end investment boutique or a top-tier strategic consultancy.
July to December 2019
- Please submit your CV to [email protected]
- The final date for submitting applications is Monday 6th May 2019
- Applications will be processed as soon as they are received, therefore early application is highly recommended.