Credit Opportunities – 2021 Internship
The Carlyle Group is a global alternative asset manager with $221 billion of assets under management across 389 investment vehicles. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,625 professionals operating in 31 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia.
More than 2,600 investors from 94 countries rely on Carlyle to achieve premium returns on their invested capital. Our investors range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Through an array of products and geographic specific-funds, we work to meet the dynamic needs of the world’s most sophisticated investors.
Carlyle invests across four segments – Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Credit and Investment Solutions – in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, North America and South America. Carlyle has expertise in various industries, including aerospace, defence & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
Our opportunistic credit team invests primarily in highly-structured and privately-negotiated capital solutions supporting corporate borrowers through secured loans, senior subordinated debt, mezzanine debt, convertible notes, and other debt like instruments, as well as preferred and common equity in such borrowers. The team will also look to invest in special situations, event-driven opportunities that exhibit hybrid credit and equity features, as well as market dislocations, primary and secondary market investments in liquid debt instruments that arise as a result of temporary market volatility.
The team consists of 24 investment professionals (9 in London, 15 in New York).
An opportunity to work with the Credit Opportunities team based in London. The role will involve assisting with analyzing new investment opportunities throughout the UK and Continental Europe, as well as assisting in the execution of new investments in these regions under the direct supervision and guidance of full time investment professionals. The environment is fast paced and demanding, with a strong emphasis on learning about investing and corporate finance throughout the program. Interns will have significant access to senior investment professionals on the team for career advice, career guidance and references upon completion of the program.
- Currently undertaking the latter half of a MBA or a Masters qualification in Finance
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within Investment Banking, Private Equity or Hedge Funds
- European language essential
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, i.e. ability to build and understand a LBO model
- Excellent research skills with an aptitude for numeracy
- Willing to take initiatives and drive the project forward to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required as well as being and a team player
- Self-starter; has confidence in asking questions and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to learn;
- Solid organizational skills, high attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Eligible to work in the UK
Please send your CV and Cover Letter, including details of your minimum 2 years’ work experience, to: [email protected]. Due to the numbers of applicants applying, please be advised that only successful candidates will be contacted by The Carlyle Group.Apply now