Carlyle European Technology Partners – 8 Week Summer Internship 2020
The Carlyle Group is a global alternative asset manager with $212 billion of assets under management across 339 investment vehicles. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,625 professionals operating in 31 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Australia.
Carlyle Europe Technology Partners IV (“CETP”) is a €1.35bn dedicated mid-market private equity fund targeting buyout and growth investments in technology-driven businesses across Western Europe and the US. The team consists of 20 investment professionals (16 in London, 4 in Washington, D.C.).
Interns will work directly with the investment team focused on projects in the UK. The role will include conducting research of the UK market and analysing investment opportunities across the region. It is expected that interns will help to identify new investment themes and acquisition candidates, while assisting the investment team in all aspects of a standard investment process. The role will include:
• Conducting market analysis to understand trends and opportunities in certain sub-sectors of the technology landscape;
• Screening companies and qualifying investment opportunities to identify potential acquisition targets;
• Creating profiles of interesting technology companies including financial and business analysis; and
• Assisting with due diligence of live acquisition opportunities.
The environment is fast-paced and demanding, with a strong emphasis on the commercial assessment of what makes an attractive acquisition opportunity. Interns will interact frequently with senior investment professionals on the team for career advice, career guidance and references upon completion of the program.
• Applicants must be in their penultimate year of university (or beyond) as a minimum education requirement;
• Previous experience in private equity, investment banking or management consulting would be useful but not strictly required;
• Have a strong interest in technology driven businesses;
• A basic level of understanding of financial accounting and financial modelling;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
• Excellent research skills with an aptitude for numeracy;
• Willing to take initiatives and drive projects forward to completion;
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required as well as being a team player;
• Self-starter; has confidence in asking questions and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to learn;
• Solid organizational skills, high attention to detail and ability to prioritize; and
• Eligible to work in the UK.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] including confirmation of your eligibility to work in the UK.
Due to the numbers of applicants applying, please be advised that only successful candidates will be contacted by The Carlyle Group.