The Level 20 Mentoring programme is our flagship initiative aimed at supporting our female members currently working in private equity to succeed and progress within their firms.
Now entering its eighth year, the programme currently operates across seven geographies in Europe: UK, France, DACH, Nordics, Netherlands, Spain and Italy. Since its launch in 2015, over 700 women have been through the programme.
- 12-month programme
- pairs mid-level to senior women in the industry with a more experienced male or female mentor (50:50 split between male and female mentors)
- designed to give the mentee a space outside of their day-to-day working environment to consider their career development with the distance and objectivity that a more experienced industry professional can provide
- mentors and mentees meet every six to eight weeks for a one-hour session
- full programme of training and support offered to both mentors and mentees throughout the year
- primarily aimed at women in deal-professional roles
- mentees and mentors are matched through a selective process
As well as providing a valuable resource for mentees, participating as a mentor also gives senior leaders a direct insight into the issues that can hinder the progression and retention of women in private equity.
We have also recently launched a Group Mentoring programme which is specifically for junior female private equity professionals looking to build the foundations for a long-term career in the industry.
For further information please contact [email protected]
“The experience and insights gained as a Level 20 mentee have been hugely valuable to my career. Working closely with my mentor, I was able to gain the confidence that I needed to formulate and execute a career plan that ultimately led me on a path to promotion.” Level 20 mentee
“To tackle gender diversity, the private equity industry needs not only to attract more talented women, but also to ensure their long-term success and retention. I find the mentoring programme so rewarding because, at the same time as helping an individual progress to the next level, I’m gaining invaluable insights into how to make the industry a place where more women want to build a career.” Level 20 mentor
AN INTERVIEW WITH ELEANOR MOUNTAIN, Chair of the Level 20 Mentoring Committee