Level 20 is a not for profit organisation founded in 2015 by 12 women working in senior roles in private equity, aligned around a common vision of improving gender diversity in the industry.
We aim to inspire women to join and succeed in this dynamic industry by creating opportunities for them to interact and learn from the insights and experience of others. Our vision is underpinned by a focus on four key initiatives: mentoring and development; networking and events; outreach and advocacy; and research.
We are supported financially by 49 private equity firms, and by over 2,500 individual members who together help create a strong voice for improving gender diversity across the industry.
Our goal is for women to hold 20% of senior positions in the European private equity industry.
Level 20 Guidelines
Level 20 encourages private equity firms to:
- Recruit suitably qualified women at all levels and in all roles across their firms.
- Demonstrate a commitment from the top of the organisation to the objective of having more women in senior roles across all positions in the firm.
- Promote a culture that encourages and supports the success of women.
- Establish goals and/or initiatives to increase retention of women across all roles.
- Implement policies that ensure the professional development and success of all employees and employ metrics to measure success.
- Establish processes that support the development of all employees with regard to promotion, compensation and career development.
Mentoring and Development
The mentoring programme is designed to support the career success of women in private equity
Networking and Events
The overall aim is to serve our members through organising events on a regular basis that will appeal to a broad range of interests
Outreach and Advocacy
We organise outreach activities to inspire ambition and interest in private equity careers
We conduct research on various topics relevant to gender diversity in private equity
Some comments from our sponsors
PAI Partners, a leading European private equity firm, partners with Empowering Young Women In Finance for its first women networking[…]Read more
Future Leader Breakfast Series 2019: How to build your deal track record: Career advice for investment professionals from Partners Group’s Bilge Ogut
Future Leaders held a breakfast in May at Partners Group with the Managing Director, Bilge Ogut leading the discussion on how to[…]Read more